Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrJandali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Hi!

Strange issue. Anything works as usual. Then, suddenly, within a call, the voice gets quiet disturbed and nothing is understandable anymore. I thought this would be some hardware defect of the phone speaker. Today when I wanted to listen a WhatsApp voice message with my BT Reciever suddenly exactly the same thing. On the regular speakers all right. I connected my Huawei BT Earbuds and guess what: All right. So the issue affects playback with the phone speaker and BT reciever (some chinese cheap but nicely working device) but not the regular speakers or the Huawei BT Earbuds. That´s odd, right?

I sent the voice message from WA to NPlayer and it´s fine in any way, no matter what. Any audio files are perfectly well with NPlayer on any speaker, headset, headphone, wired or wireless...

My suspicion is some hardware defect concerning some audio codec hardware decoding unit on the SoC or wherever it may be.

But it´s just an idea. What do you say? Theoretically this issue could be solvable softwarewise, or not? Anyone here who knows that issue, yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.