Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doodlegal

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 1, 2023
I just got this on my phone, does anyone know what it means?

Mandatory Update!

A mandatory update has been released to ensure optimal system performance and stability while addressing known issues.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A

Mandatory Update!

A mandatory update has been released to ensure optimal system performance and stability while addressing known issues.
It means that a mandatory update has been released to ensure optimal system performance and stability while addressing known issues.

Doodlegal

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 1, 2023
Do you have a photo of this message? How was the notification presented?

This sounds like a popup in Safari and not a native iOS notification.
I have pop ups blocked!
IMG_3450.png

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN

Mandatory Update!

That’s ATT. Do you have ActiveArmor? Go and update the app via App store. I got same message.

Reactions: zapmymac

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
And no I don’t have Active Armor.
Nice knowing you… lol

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Again I got the exact same message on the app and chances are super high you’re not gonna get spam pops on Apple devices like you would on Windows PC lol

MrMiyagi1

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2019
I hit continue…now sometimes the screen flickers. Great!
If the screen flickers now after hitting continue. That’s just weird that happening. Have you rebooted your iPhone. Does the screen still flicker. Are you able to record the flickering and share it with us.

Reactions: zapmymac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.