Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I’m curious if anyone here has had a positive experience with the Studio Display? In particular, the trackpad / mouse support seems terribly broken on the external monitor. It seems to be lacking acceleration or speed … to the point where it feels like a chore just to move the pointer back and forth. It really makes the entire experience unusable … and that’s just out of the gate before we get to multitasking, apps, etc.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
So the strangest thing happened … my external display seemed to crash and restart and now the mouse / trackpad feels better? It’s not perfect but definitely better. The mouse doesn’t feel like a first class citizen as far as pointing devices go however.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
So the strangest thing happened … my external display seemed to crash and restart and now the mouse / trackpad feels better? It’s not perfect but definitely better. The mouse doesn’t feel like a first class citizen as far as pointing devices go however.

Good to hear. And I agree, the mouse experience is not real great. I still wish there was an option to change the circle to an arrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.