Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
So I was randomly thinking about this yesterday, how do you think this device is going to charge? Via a 30 pin connector - that might look a tad bit awkward (like the iPod and the Wall of Sound.) The only other alternative would be a Magsafe, Apple could use something more standard, but when's the last time a portable device didn't use a 30 pin connector or a Magsafe (or the older power adaptors and their unique design.) Anyone's guesses?

A docking station seems logical, but I have to imagine that you'd be able to charge it without the docking station.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I think it will use the same connector as the iPhone via USB and the USB adapter that charges the iPhone/iPod Touch will charge the thingy.

This will be due to synching with your computer library.

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
Is it possible it could be charged via mini-usb?

I remember vaguely a while back something about a new standard of chargers (phone chargers (?), in europe (??)).

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
If dock connector, then that. If not, then a charger like MacBooks. LightPeak might do charging come 2011.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.