Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm about 3 hours into it thus far, but this game is owning me. Gorgeous visuals, very good (Japanese) voice acting, a pleasantly melodramatic story, and classic brawler gameplay with a sprinkling of RPG elements. This may be my favorite game since Shadow of the Colossus.

It's a bit like seeing all my nostalgic memories of sprite-based games flooding back at me in high-res glory.

Anyone else pick it up?

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Well, it *looks* amazing, but I was curious how the gameplay holds up after you get into the game a bit, and how fun the "brawler" style is. Might have to pick it up someday though.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm surprised no one else has responded. The game is so old-school that I figured people here would be all over it.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
Are you playing it upscaled to HD on a PS3?

Yeah. Looks fantastic.

I'm six hours in now, and it's still a great game. If you guys have any affinity for classic brawlers/RPGs/sidescrollers, do yourselves a favor and pick it up. It's probably going to be pretty rare in the future, so if nothing else think of it as an investment.

Agilus

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Massachusetts
As soon as I find this in the store I will pick it up. It looks really cool. :) I like some of the nontraditional ideas, such as growing plants while you're battling to give you power-ups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.