Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viktor2506

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2017
Before asking, my phone is new, iPhone 6S, 64GB.
From the box the decrease volume button was sunken but I wasn't annoyed by this.
I noticed the battery percentage is always off though. I have tried calibrating and also attempted charging advices, and I still think the battery isn't lasting long enough nor showing the right percentage.
I have also noticed that my phone has occasional issues waking up. It doesn't wake up for a bit, then I have to wait several seconds before I am able to click either the wake/sleep button or the home button.

Can I get help with primarily the battery issue? Help with the other two would be cool too.
If you need more information, just inform me!

Thanks,
Viktor.

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
I don't mean to offend with this basic question...but where did you buy this "new" iPhone 6S and when? Apple is really stringent on QC and charges a premium for devices of the highest quality. The reason I ask is that sometimes folks get things which they think are new but are really just refurbished devices. If you bought it at the Apple Store or other major retailer than I would bring it back asap under warranty. If you bought it from a non-authorized reseller, I would suspect a refurbished device.

Go to this website to see if your iPhone 6S is covered by the recall for "unexpected shutdowns". If it is covered, that would be another indication that the phone is refurbished as that program was for the initial batch of devices sold.

For the premium price Apple charges for their phones, I would expect nothing less than a premium experience. With all the problems you have, I would simply bring it back.

Viktor2506

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2017
I don't mean to offend with this basic question...but where did you buy this "new" iPhone 6S and when? Apple is really stringent on QC and charges a premium for devices of the highest quality. The reason I ask is that sometimes folks get things which they think are new but are really just refurbished devices. If you bought it at the Apple Store or other major retailer than I would bring it back asap under warranty. If you bought it from a non-authorized reseller, I would suspect a refurbished device.

Go to this website to see if your iPhone 6S is covered by the recall for "unexpected shutdowns". If it is covered, that would be another indication that the phone is refurbished as that program was for the initial batch of devices sold.

For the premium price Apple charges for their phones, I would expect nothing less than a premium experience. With all the problems you have, I would simply bring it back.
No offense taken! It might be an apple refurbished, I'd have to check, but either way, this is way too many problems. I can send the phone back to the seller if needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.