Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Just installed the SP for Office 2011 and still can't get the Outlook Calendar to sync with iCal. I've ticked the correct box in Sync Services but still no joy. Must be missing something really simple so would be grateful if anyone has got this working to let us in on it.

Last edited:

tcador

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Just installed the SP for Office 2011 and still can't get the Outlook Calendar to sync with iCal. I've ticked the correct box in Sync Services but still no joy. Must be missing something really simple so would be grateful if anyone has got this working to let us in on it.

Hmm, just did a test and had a meeting notice from Outlook automatically populate to iCal.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Same problem here. I checked the box in "sync services" which says turn on Sync Services for contacts. Is this supposed to sync calendars too?

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Hmm, just did a test and had a meeting notice from Outlook automatically populate to iCal.

Same problem here. I checked the box in "sync services" which says turn on Sync Services for contacts. Is this supposed to sync calendars too?

Just accepted a meeting request on Outlook and it hasn't populated over to iCal. I've got loads of stuff on my iCal that I would like populated over to Outlook Calendars but I just can't get them sync'ed over.

Most bizarre. Shall visit the MS Office 2011 support & forum site later to research and will update accordingly.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I swear I updated, but I guess not. I went to check for updates again this morning, it had SP1 available, updated, and it works fine now.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
I restarted my MBP this morning and everything replicated across in both directions so all OK now. Weird why the installation didn't ask for a reboot if it needs it to work but there you go.

Hope the comment helps anyone with the same problem.

dsan1

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Hello everybody!

that's just the problem I'm experiencing here. But I definitely updated (there wasn't even the option to sync calendars with Outlook 2011 before SP1 in my case). I just checked for new updates, there's none.

Still nothing happens when I activate sync. With entourage 2008 this works fine. Entourage creates a new calendar in iCal and that's it. Outlook 2011 does nothing.

May I ask you what happend in iCal after you turned this feature on? Was a new calendar created? How was it called?

Thanks in advance and have a nice sunday!

dsan1

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
I really don't know exactly what triggered it to make it work but everything started to work after checking the appropriate box in Sync Services and then a reboot.

I did do a test yesterday where I put in an entry into Outlook Calendars then it took a couple of seconds before it automatically appeared on iCal. Same thing happened the other way too.

dsan1

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
I really don't know exactly what triggered it to make it work but everything started to work after checking the appropriate box in Sync Services and then a reboot.

I did do a test yesterday where I put in an entry into Outlook Calendars then it took a couple of seconds before it automatically appeared on iCal. Same thing happened the other way too.

Hey Bigjobby,

so there's hope. The reboot didn't do the trick for me though. But eventually I'll work this out.

Can you tell me the name of the iCal calendar where the outlook calendar entries are synced to? Do they go to "my calendar" or was a whole new (sub)calendar created when you succesfully synced for the first time?

Best

dsan1

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
When I put an Outlook entry in it creates an iCal calendar entry under 'No Category'.

Hope this helps (somewhat). :)

MSWB

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Same problem

Same problem here. Clicked on all the Sync services in Outlook and it supposedly synced as I was prompted to resolve conflict issues, then restarted...and inside iCal: NOTHING!

Help!

kevin

reeset1

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
Looks like it populates in iCal in the On My Mac area. Anyone have an idea how to get that to update MobileMe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.