Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmore

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2002
West Lafayette, IN
Palm HotSync, please!

The one and only thing I'm missing from Office v.X is a conduit to transfer stuff to my Visor. I have the Palm Desktop beta for X, and it works like a charm; now I just need the conduit. This is a catch-22, though: while Microsoft hasn't written the conduit (it IS the indvidual company's responsibility to write conduits), 1) the beta of Palm Desktop for X is "not compatible with 3rd-party conduits", and 2) rumor has it that Palm hasn't released/just released the OS X conduit SDK.

The only other bug I have found in Office (Entourage, specifically) is in Calendar mode. When I entered an all-day event to occur each Monday, it doesn't show up in the Work Week view; however, I can view it with the regular Week view. It's just an annoyance, but a curious one at that.

Anyway, Microsoft's MBU rocks, Microsoft in general blows.

BurntCalc

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Tucson
I'm very surprised that MS hasn't yet retaliated at Apple for screwing up their antitrust settlement.... Or maybe this update is gonna introduce some new bugs?? (insert twilight zone music here)

Microsoft_Windows_Hater

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2001
there are bugs

There are so many bugs in Office it ain't funny. Here is a list:

- Formatting bugs such as alignment
- Window printing bugs
- constant crashing
- Window's not appearing on top when launched
- problems with the grammar and spell checker
- some elements need to be transferred to cocoa to aid in speed
- graph's in Excel are not importing from the graph maker correctly, eg. no transparencies or additions that i make do not import

Please tell me if it is me making the problems as i have used StarOffice on Pc for the last 3 years!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.