Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
I haven't bought a new version since 05 b/c my peecee can't handle it so i'm totally pumped that 08 is being released for macs! wuhoo! i think my mac pro will be able to handle it nicely.

anyone else care about this game? (other than the console fans).

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Any game for mac is a good game, just because I don't need to reboot to play. I'm not really a Madden fan, possibly since I haven't ever played it, but I think i might get this if teh price comes down.

On another note, is EA going to be releasing PC and mac version of games on one disc like Blizzard games or will the mac version still be at a premium?

King Crimson

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2004
I love the Madden Series ...

... but for me it's a console game ...

I think I'll buy the PS2 version ... but I'm just right now installing my new :apple:MacPro:apple: so if they're fast enough, it'll be a great game to "test" the machine :D

tuosfan

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
I really want to buy a 360 but I've been holding back. I'm thinking about buying the MBP SR and then running DVI-out to my 42" plasmato run Madden '08, any idea how smoothly that would run?

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
At the current rate and the absence of any news of the forthcoming games that were supposed to be delivered in July by EA through Cider, who knows when Madden '08 will arrive for the Macintosh platform.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
I'm going to buy it but I'll be stunned if it's actually released before the season starts with the way EA has been handling their Mac products so far.

-PN

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
Hope they EA release there games to mac soon.
But I think I will buy madden for the wii.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Boo apple! Why is it when it comes to games, apple plays us like a whistle. What was said at WWDC, is forgotten and never will happen... :mad:

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
What's interesting to me, is that there's a whole other thread about EA not releasing the games it said it would, too. Yet, from what I read and subsequently found, you can download (illegally) a leaked version of Cider on bittorrent, and there are TONS of Windows games on bittorrent now that have used cider to run on Macs. This has been done by normal people on their own free time. For the record I'm not saying go steal Cider nor have I (PPC iBook, no use for it) but what I'm trying to say, is how come all these games have been ciderized by a few people in their free time, and a HUGE company like EA can't assign one or two people to ciderize a few of these games? Looks to me like Mac users are being outright SHAFTED by EA, and quite frankly I see this as horribly horribly insulting.

applemacbook

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
no madden on macbook???

Madden 08 will be on my Macbook as soon as possible....can't wait.

4 of 6 EA games just came out for Macs. Unfortunately, they will not work on Macbooks. All Macbooks have intel GMA950 integrated graphics cards. Apple.com specifically says: "Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card. " These 4 were released by EA games, not EA Sports division, hopefully it will be different for Madden and Tiger.

I did find, in a different forum, that Madden 2007 for Windows will work with the GMA950. I don't think that they really changed the game much, so it might work. I am in the same spot. I want to play Madden, but I have a Macbook.

If if won't work, install bootcamp and buy Madden 2007 for Windows.

J

jasdelta

4 of 6 EA games just came out for Macs. Unfortunately, they will not work on Macbooks. All Macbooks have intel GMA950 integrated graphics cards. Apple.com specifically says: "Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card. " These 4 were released by EA games, not EA Sports division, hopefully it will be different for Madden and Tiger.

I did find, in a different forum, that Madden 2007 for Windows will work with the GMA950. I don't think that they really changed the game much, so it might work. I am in the same spot. I want to play Madden, but I have a Macbook.

If if won't work, install bootcamp and buy Madden 2007 for Windows.

See the following on Madden 08 and Tiger Woods 08 on release dates..

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/08/17/eaships/index.php

This is from MacWorld Magazine....

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.