Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nojkepop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Search for it, if it isn't there double tap the Home button(TV icon) and swipe up on the App Store and reopen.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Been playing around with it. One issue but not sure if it is a Plex or ATV issue is if you pause a video, pressing menu starts the video playing again instead of going back to the menu. If youpress menu during playback though, it goes back to the menu.
Looks a solid first release though, just getting used to the new layout.

2010lexus

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2013
Just got a email from plex That its in the App Store
And it's free for everyone.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Why won't flex allow me to run the movies off of my time capsule? My computer HAS to be on and running Plex...iTunes does the same thing, why is Plex so good?

VictoryHighway

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
Hopedale, MA
Why won't flex allow me to run the movies off of my time capsule? My computer HAS to be on and running Plex...iTunes does the same thing, why is Plex so good?
The reason is that the Plex Media Server is what serves (no pun intended) as the backend database and HTTP server that the client (aka the AppleTV app) connects to. Some NAS devices support a Plex Media Server plug-in, but the Apple Time Capsule does not.

Reactions: ZeRoLiMiT
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.