Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
just ordered the Phillips hue starter kit so I can control my outside light and hall light and also bought

The Phillips ambient wellness table lamp for the lounge..guessing the bulb comes in the box.

Pre ordered the HomePod so I can control everything through there

Thought might as well go all in.

Reactions: Brookzy

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Just jumped aboard myself. In the last few days I’ve bought the starter kit, a light strip an eve energy plug so definitely addicted. Running iOS 11.3 beta and hoping the presence of the Apple TV in the Home app signifies the ability to ‘turn on TV’ is going to be a thing before too long. Running a HDHomeRun through the channels app on Apple TV for terrestrial TV so would be a cool function, even though I’ll need to reach for the remote within a matter of seconds anyway to change channels!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Congrats, but be careful, this home automation stuff can be addicting!
Yeah I'm finding that already lol

Sadly the lights in my hallway aren't a screw turn so can't add it in the hall so will have to settle for the lounge and bedroom. Had hoped to have it for the outside light but that appears to be just a sensor instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.