Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Not sure if the two issues are related - or are just down to Apple's servers being overloaded - but my OG Homepod is not seeing the 17.0 update.

I had a try last night but no joy, and the same this morning.

However I am seeing another issue with it when I go into the Home Settings. At the top I get a banner saying "Update your iCloud account password..." and an "Enter password" button. When I click on the button I get an "Authenticating" spinner, then back to square one. No opportunity to enter a password.

Any thoughts or do I need to do a reset and go from there?

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Installed OS 17 on my Mini and my stereo paired OG Homepods yesterday without issue. I´d go with a factory reset.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Not sure if the two issues are related - or are just down to Apple's servers being overloaded - but my OG Homepod is not seeing the 17.0 update.

I had a try last night but no joy, and the same this morning.

However I am seeing another issue with it when I go into the Home Settings. At the top I get a banner saying "Update your iCloud account password..." and an "Enter password" button. When I click on the button I get an "Authenticating" spinner, then back to square one. No opportunity to enter a password.

Any thoughts or do I need to do a reset and go from there?
Try going into the HomePod’s setting and update the iCloud credentials from there. This has been an ongoing issue with OS 16. Had to enter the credentials numerous times before it finally stuck. Have an AppleTV plagued with that issue too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.