Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordlessjam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi,

I have two OG HomePod’s in a stereo pair and they wont play music either through airplay or asking Siri. They are the default output for my 1st gen 4K Apple TV and that works perfectly fine. To get around this issue I have to restart the HomePod’s everytime i want to play music. Has anyone else had this or know how to solve this? When AirPlaying music it says it is connected to the HomePod’s and playing but the time doesn’t progress.

It is really starting to annoy me!

Thanks.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hi,

I have two OG HomePod’s in a stereo pair and they wont play music either through airplay or asking Siri. They are the default output for my 1st gen 4K Apple TV and that works perfectly fine. To get around this issue I have to restart the HomePod’s everytime i want to play music. Has anyone else had this or know how to solve this? When AirPlaying music it says it is connected to the HomePod’s and playing but the time doesn’t progress.
View attachment 1793941
It is really starting to annoy me!

Thanks.
Since they’re defaulted to the AppleTV, have you tried restarting the AppleTV? That’s usually the cause of the issues relating to HomePods when connected as default audio output. A hard reboot of the iPhone won’t hurt either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.