Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Do I need a computer or can I do it from my phone? Do I have to go through alt store and all that or is there an easier way? Thanks!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Do I need a computer or can I do it from my phone? Do I have to go through alt store and all that or is there an easier way? Thanks!

My 12 Pro Max is on 14.1 and I had to use my computer along with alt store, just like I did on iOS 13. I had some issues at first (can’t remember the error code I was getting) and had to keep googling a solution that finally worked.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
My 12 Pro Max is on 14.1 and I had to use my computer along with alt store, just like I did on iOS 13. I had some issues at first (can’t remember the error code I was getting) and had to keep googling a solution that finally worked.
Ugh why do they make this so damn difficult?? We pay thousands of dollars for their products and we have to hack them to make basic customizations.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Ugh why do they make this so damn difficult?? We pay thousands of dollars for their products and we have to hack them to make basic customizations.
That's funny…complaining about the difficulty circumventing Apple's security.

According to this page you can jailbreak using one of two processes:

The research is up to you. Good luck!

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
That's funny…complaining about the difficulty circumventing Apple's security.

According to this page you can jailbreak using one of two processes:

The research is up to you. Good luck!
Where did I say anything about circumventing their security? I specifically said difficulty customizing my own device.

kretek

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
Consensus over at Reddit/r/jailbreak seems that Taurine appears more stable.

Yes they both require Altstore on your mac. I've not yet used Tarine myself, bit installed Altstore via my Mac, and downloaded the Unc0ver .ipa from their mobile website.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Consensus over at Reddit/r/jailbreak seems that Taurine appears more stable.

Yes they both require Altstore on your mac. I've not yet used Tarine myself, bit installed Altstore via my Mac, and downloaded the Unc0ver .ipa from their mobile website.
But doesn’t Taurine use something other than Cydia?

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
But doesn’t Taurine use something other than Cydia?

Uses Sileo. You can also pay attention to YouTube if you want to jailbreak without a computer. They get revoked quickly by apple so subscribe subscribe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.