Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I got my knockoffs in, and I had ordered a 5 based on their sizing - definitely too loose, but I liked the quality enough that I returned the 5s and ordered 4s. They’re a little snug, as is my 4 in the Apple one, but they feel as though they might stretch a little more easily.

And I couldn’t beat the price for sure.

I THINK this is the link - hope it works.

Reactions: Night Spring

NoelWalker

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2021
Sometimes I forgot I was wearing the watch and tried to look for it. Then I realised “Oh. It’s right on my wrist.”
The material (I believe is nylon?) is quite smooth and it’s my favourite band so far (except mine has stretched for a bit and it started to slide up and down slightly).

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
I got my knockoffs in, and I had ordered a 5 based on their sizing - definitely too loose, but I liked the quality enough that I returned the 5s and ordered 4s. They’re a little snug, as is my 4 in the Apple one, but they feel as though they might stretch a little more easily.

And I couldn’t beat the price for sure.

I THINK this is the link - hope it works.

Thanks for sharing this-- I picked a couple of these up (insanely inexpensive compared to Apple's) and just tried one on today. They look a little different where the band meets the connector, and the connector is obviously plastic / cheaper quality than metal Apple ones (a little more finicky to connect to my watch), but the band itself feels about the same to me. Super glad to be using these.... the ones I bought from Apple have stretched out. $100 is just too much for something that will stretch out that much over time and become unusable.

With regards to your original post from a few months back... I ordered one right when they were released in September 2020, and that one was definitely very comfortable the first time I put it on. I ordered another in December 2020 and noticed something similar... it felt kinda stiff and scratchy compared to the first one. However, the second one also took a lot longer to stretch out than the first. (and still hasn't stretched as badly as the first).

Thanks again for sharing these cheaper alternatives. I'd wanted to replace my first braided solo loop that had stretched too much, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on one again knowing that their lifespan was limited.

Reactions: Night Spring

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Even though apple’s bands are priced enthusiastically. I still can’t digest copycat knockoffs on an $800 watch.
This is after I’ve had an apple space black link bracelet die on me.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
When did that become apparent? Mine arrived yesterday, and though I absolutely like it and will keep it (counting on it to stretch just a tad), it doesn't feel as good to me as the solo loop when I first put it on. To me, the solo loop feels like nothing. The braided is slightly scratchy and a little rougher. Will that change a bit as it gets worn?

I know I won't love the solo loop when it's hot. The lack of breathability will certainly be an issue, and I can't stand bands that feel sweaty or stick to my skin when hot.

I'm just curious whether most people found the braided loop amazing the instant they put it on, or as it got broken in.
The Milanese Loop band is scratchy, 'angular', and grabs hairs when you are sleeping. Annoying, but has a great look. *shrug*

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Thanks for sharing this-- I picked a couple of these up (insanely inexpensive compared to Apple's) and just tried one on today. They look a little different where the band meets the connector, and the connector is obviously plastic / cheaper quality than metal Apple ones (a little more finicky to connect to my watch), but the band itself feels about the same to me. Super glad to be using these.... the ones I bought from Apple have stretched out. $100 is just too much for something that will stretch out that much over time and become unusable.

With regards to your original post from a few months back... I ordered one right when they were released in September 2020, and that one was definitely very comfortable the first time I put it on. I ordered another in December 2020 and noticed something similar... it felt kinda stiff and scratchy compared to the first one. However, the second one also took a lot longer to stretch out than the first. (and still hasn't stretched as badly as the first).

Thanks again for sharing these cheaper alternatives. I'd wanted to replace my first braided solo loop that had stretched too much, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on one again knowing that their lifespan was limited.

I have one on right now - I’m really pleased with them, especially for the price. I can’t seem to get the sizing just right with the Apple ones. My 4 is too tight, and not stretching much, and the 5s are too loose. I find these particular knockoffs to be super comfortable, and a nice alternative for 1/10 the price.

Reactions: rumz

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Even though apple’s bands are priced enthusiastically. I still can’t digest copycat knockoffs on an $800 watch.
This is after I’ve had an apple space black link bracelet die on me.

Depends on the band. Some of the knockoffs are definitely not worth it to me, but the braided solo loop is one that I find to be way overpriced for the quality. If I can get something for $10 that in essence looks identical, I’m all for it. Of course, my Apple Watch cost $400 - not $800.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I use knock-offs for the braided solo bands. I buy apple accessories(used or new) most of the time-these are my first knock-offs for the watch but I really just can't bring myself to pay $100 for a stretchy cloth band that is going to stretch out in a few months and become unusable

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I use knock-offs for the braided solo bands. I buy apple accessories(used or new) most of the time-these are my first knock-offs for the watch but I really just can't bring myself to pay $100 for a stretchy cloth band that is going to stretch out in a few months and become unusable
Since buying these knockoff braideds, I haven’t worn any other bands. They’re a bit softer and more comfortable than the Apple ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.