Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
My photos are currently restoring from my iCloud backup and they're almost done, getting into the end of 2013 now.

In the Photos app, all of my Albums are still there, and I can see the photos that have been restore thus far. But there is no Camera Roll album (which used to contain ALL of the photos). I would always go through there and add photos to different albums.

But now... it's not there?? In its place is a Recently Added album, and it only has the one picture I just saved a few minutes ago.

So since photos are not actually stored in albums (only linked as shortcuts basically), where are my photos actually located now?? I never really use the Collections feature so I don't really want to scroll through there. I liked having everything all in one spot.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
My photos are currently restoring from my iCloud backup and they're almost done, getting into the end of 2013 now.

In the Photos app, all of my Albums are still there, and I can see the photos that have been restore thus far. But there is no Camera Roll album (which used to contain ALL of the photos). I would always go through there and add photos to different albums.

But now... it's not there?? In its place is a Recently Added album, and it only has the one picture I just saved a few minutes ago.

So since photos are not actually stored in albums (only linked as shortcuts basically), where are my photos actually located now?? I never really use the Collections feature so I don't really want to scroll through there. I liked having everything all in one spot.
I think they removed the duplication from Camera Roll and Photo Stream.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

+1 on this one.

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
So wait, I mean I know this is Beta 1 so it might change. But just for curiosity sake.
How do you transfer pictures from you phone to the computer?

For example right now, I sync my phone to the photo app on my Macbook and I have photo stream turned off. When I sync my phone, I import the pictures into Events that are already created or new ones I create.
But now with the camera roll gone, how do I sync my phone and transfer the photos off my phone and into existing or new events without using photo stream?

From what I remember photo stream photos weren't the full size pictures.

And how does transferring pictures to a Windows computer work?
Right now, only the camera roll opens in a folder on and you can browse that but you can't see the events created.

If I can move the photos out of the new "camera roll" into events on the phone then maybe it won't be a big deal but me and wife share an iTunes account and a photo library, so how would that work?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All your photos should still be there if you select Photos instead of Albums at the bottom of the Photos app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.