Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I'm missing something obvious:

I just got this old generation - the pinstripe plastic Apple 23" flat panel (pre metal ones) and I'm trying to control its brightness. I'm touching the brightness button on the left side but it's not doing anything but lighting up. What does that mean?

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
I'm missing something obvious:

I just got this old generation - the pinstripe plastic Apple 23" flat panel (pre metal ones) and I'm trying to control its brightness. I'm touching the brightness button on the left side but it's not doing anything but lighting up. What does that mean?

try going into prefs then displays or i believe its f13 and f14 for brightness up and down by default on a apple keyboard.

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
try system prefs. go to diplay. if there is nothing about brightness. go to color and calibrate your color (this can help or increase brightness but may change warmth of the screen)

if nothing really helps your back light maybe going bad. if thats the case. go find a back light for that model. and if your brave open that sucker up and replace. or find a repair shop to do it for you. cost somewhere between 150 to 300 my guess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.