Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I just noticed that for two apps (Things and Messages) I have an old snapshot picture in the app switcher. E. g. the image from the Things app (when I'm in the app switcher) is a months old snapshot. Relaunching the apps/rebooting etc. didn't help. It's just a minor issue but does anyone have any idea how I could get the images to update properly? I'm on iPadOS 13.4.1 by the way.

Thanks and best wishes
Chris

Edit: I know that there are sometimes different preview images depending on whether you use the iPad in landscape or vertical and in fact for the Things app the vertical preview image is different but equally outdated. For the Messages app it is the same old image.

Last edited:

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Anyone has any idea? Something interesting I noticed: All of the old snapshots seem to be from around October 2019 so my guess would be that iPadOS 13.2 screwed that up. Is there any way this can be fixed?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Any possible fix? Still having this issue with iPadOS 13.6. It affects third party apps (e. g. Things) but also Apple apps (e. g. Files).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.