Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
I have an old Radius CRT and i want to hook it up to a powerbook or an Ibook. Can i do this? Do i need an adaptor how much will it costs and how can i get one

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Danzsupreme said:
I have an old Radius CRT and i want to hook it up to a powerbook or an Ibook. Can i do this? Do i need an adaptor how much will it costs and how can i get one

Yes you can, if you PB and iBook support video out (and it should). Go to the Apple Store, look on the for Mac Accessories and then click on Displays. Scroll to the bottem. You will likely need a mini-VGA converter. Or go to CompUSA. They have them on the shelves. You can ask their employees questions.

Funny, my PowerBook came with a mini-to-DVI and mini-to-VGA adaptors.

If you buying a new PB or iBook, check the specs. or call apple (1-800-my-apple). There sales people also answer simple questions about current products 24/7.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Danzsupreme said:

My PowerBook came with a standard VGA to DVI adaptor, plugs right in.

The iBooks and the 12" PB need the mini-dv to VGA Eniregnat was talking about.

So it depends on the machine you have, but the answer is definitely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.