Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blurr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2007
As we all know the new 3G iPhone is on its way. I want to sell my current 8GB model iPhone from launch and replace it with the new one when it releases. I know I can take my current iPhone SIM out and use it in another phone such as a Razor until the new iPhone comes out. But will I be able to use my current iPhone SIM in the new model one without problems?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Theoretically, in past situations, you're able to do just that and not worry about activation charges at $18 a pop. My son took his Razor SIM card out and popped it into his new iPhone and poof it was good to go. Hopefully, it will be the same, since we are still using an iPhone.

blurr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Theoretically, in past situations, you're able to do just that and not worry about activation charges at $18 a pop. My son took his Razor SIM card out and popped it into his new iPhone and poof it was good to go. Hopefully, it will be the same, since we are still using an iPhone.

Alright good to hear. As far as selling my iPhone on Ebay, besides taking my SIM card out and restoring the iPhone, is there anything else I should do before shipping it out to a random buyer?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Alright good to hear. As far as selling my iPhone on Ebay, besides taking my SIM card out and restoring the iPhone, is there anything else I should do before shipping it out to a random buyer?

Sorry for the delay, but there are other threads regarding not quite being able to erase all of our information or something to that effect. I'm not concerned at this point, since I've had two iPhones replaced, one iPhone was mine and the second iPhone was my son's. The Apple Store pretty much restored it to factory settings and I couldn't tell the difference b/c I never saw either iPhone once they took it to the back. Not really scary for me. Good Luck. Keep us advised on your situation. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.