Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
For anyone looking for a keyboard cover (not a case) for their 2018 iPad, here's one that works extremely well and is super-inexpensive.

Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip Keyboard cover for the iPad Air

71QxQfDTrtL._SL1500_.jpg
This is the first gen version of the keyboard cover. It uses the low profile curved hinge that was used on iPads previous to the Air. Although the placement of the magnets in this version won't wake/sleep the iPad (need to manually wake/sleep the iPad) the hinge design is vastly superior to the 2nd gen.

I just picked one up in like-new condition on eBay for $5 (shipped). That's the beauty of the 2018 iPad using the iPad Air chassis... all the cases for the Air fit this and are dirt cheap now.

There's also the...

Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip Keyboard cover for the iPad Air 2

81ccXtgKNTL._SL1500_.jpg
This is the 2nd gen version and it was designed for the Air 2. The magnets work to auto wake/sleep the 2018 iPad and the channel that the iPad sits in is adjustable for a range of angles. The downside to this version is that the hinge design is a bit obtrusive. When attached to the iPad, the hinge sticks out nearly a 1/4 inch and has a sharp edge that can get caught on things. I picked one up like-new a while ago for $10 (shipped).

Both are high quality keyboard covers and make a nice combo. I started using the Air 1 version and use the MoKo Apple Pencil case to not only transport the Pencil but to keep everything secure. (I put the elastic around the iPad and keyboard cover)

61Cew60A+3L._SL1500_.jpg

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
For anyone looking for a keyboard cover (not a case) for their 2018 iPad, here's one that works extremely well and is super-inexpensive.

Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip Keyboard cover for the iPad Air

View attachment 823777
This is the first gen version of the keyboard cover. It uses the low profile curved hinge that was used on iPads previous to the Air. Although the placement of the magnets in this version won't wake/sleep the iPad (need to manually wake/sleep the iPad) the hinge design is vastly superior to the 2nd gen.

I just picked one up in like-new condition on eBay for $5 (shipped). That's the beauty of the 2018 iPad using the iPad Air chassis... all the cases for the Air fit this and are dirt cheap now.

There's also the...

Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip Keyboard cover for the iPad Air 2

View attachment 823778
This is the 2nd gen version and it was designed for the Air 2. The magnets work to auto wake/sleep the 2018 iPad and the channel that the iPad sits in is adjustable for a range of angles. The downside to this version is that the hinge design is a bit obtrusive. When attached to the iPad, the hinge sticks out nearly a 1/4 inch and has a sharp edge that can get caught on things. I picked one up like-new a while ago for $10 (shipped).

Both are high quality keyboard covers and make a nice combo. I started using the Air 1 version and use the MoKo Apple Pencil case to not only transport the Pencil but to keep everything secure. (I put the elastic around the iPad and keyboard cover)

View attachment 823780
Can you show us pictures of what yours looks like in the case?

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Can you show us pictures of what yours looks like in the case?
Sure, but it is not a case... it is a cover.

Here's my 2018 iPad with that Air 1 keyboard cover and MoKo Pencil case. (note: the scuffs on the iPad are actually on the clear ConTact paper I use on as a skin on the back... That's after a year of use, it is probably time to replace it)

IMG_0696.JPG

For comparison, here's my iPad with a smart cover, Pencil case, and Keys to Go keyboard.
IMG_0697.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.