Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glorzifen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
Hi everyone,

This forum is 2 for 2 in helping me re-discover old Mac games (Munchies and Glypha). Thanks for that!

There's another game from that time (1994 - 1998) that's been buzzing around my head that I remember.

Background/Description:

-what I played must have been a demo on a Mac Shareware disc of some sort

-I don't think it was a popular game at all. I don't even know why it popped into my head

-it was first-person and you had an old flintlock pistol (I think). It was either pirate-themed or possibly had something to do with the American Revolution. But it wasn't a first person shooter... I think it was more of a rail shooter. The only level I played (that was in the demo) was on the docks at night with lots of crates and things for enemies to hide behind. You'd shoot some, and then move along to the next section. Enemies would appear from behind things or on rooftops. I remember that enemies would shout things I progress. One line I remember distinctly was, "God save the Queen!" (which I guess supports the American Revolution setting)

Unfortunately, that's pretty much everything I can remember

I was looking through old Mac game lists and game across RedJack: Revenge of the Brethren! which I thought was it (just from the screenshots, because the graphical style was vaguely similar). I looked at some videos and RedJack: Revenge of the Brethren! has little to no shooting and is mostly dialogue :(

I know that's not much to go on but any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.