Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Josh-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
A couple of weeks ago I made a thread in regards to my macbook clicker problem. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1ssu0cXB0 ) However, due to major air blowing into my notebook I have decreased the issue substantially.

I was still recommended by many of you posters to take it into the Apple store. So I did. The tech guy didn't say a whole lot about the issue, because my issue seems to happen off and on, and of course, when I took it into the apple tech, the problem wasn't apparent.

He ordered a new casing and keyboard. But I'm very skeptical about putting the case on my Macbook now. (switching the old, with the new)
firstly, I'm burning a lot of cash away on a cellphone, and I don't want to burn $50 on backing up my data. But seriously, what are the odds of loosing my data by them just switching out my keyboard case?

Secondly, the problem isn't as bad as the video now, it's still there, but less. I don't want to risk further problems...or any new problems.

Advise?? Thank you so much for reading.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Thanks, Anyone else?

yeah, ALWAYS back up your data....especially before turning it over for service.......read these forums for a while and you'll see plenty of posts from people who are shocked and angry because they lost their data when their computer was being repaired. Apple even warns you to back up your data before you send it in.

-Josh-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
yeah, ALWAYS back up your data....especially before turning it over for service.......read these forums for a while and you'll see plenty of posts from people who are shocked and angry because they lost their data when their computer was being repaired. Apple even warns you to back up your data before you send it in.

I don't have anything to back it up with. My problem as seemed to gone away for now....but the new casing for my keyboard arrived.

Can I tell them I no longer I need it? will the charge me for something I think I no longer need???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.