Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g.a.papavasileiou

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
I know this is a long shot.

I am 32 years old and an old mac user. My father got our first mac when i was like 6-7 years old.
The macintosh classic, with 40 megs HD (still working like a charm!).

Unfortunately i lost most of the floppy disks i had back then.
I remember playing lots of games on that machine like: Dark Castle, Prince of Persia, Asteroids, Shufflepuck, Grand Prix and many more.

But i can't seem to remember the names of two games.
The first one was with a helicopter and the second one was squash tennis.

I would appreciate some help in order to find the names of these two games.

Thank you

blake2

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Armor alley! I had that too as a kid when my dad used the MacIIsi. Don’t remember playing a squash game but I think you could look for it at the Macintosh Garden.

My favorites of that era were King’s Bounty and Robosports. And 4D boxing. Mac versions of those had far better graphics than the PC versions at that time.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I'm a little older than you, and I remember playing several of the same games. They've got Return to Dark Castle on the Mac App Store. You may also want to look at Steam (steampowered.com). It has a quite a few games I used to play Like the 1991 Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis game.

I remember seeing Prince of Persia somewhere (I forget). Some of these games could play in a browser, some might need a download & play in DosBox. A few months ago, I found the game Dust: A Tale of the Wired West. Pretty fun, and brought back a bit of nostalgia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.