Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
My mom got a new phone and gave me an old phone and i put my phone number in there. But I keep getting calls from the old number that was in my phone.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I am a bit confused ---
Are you getting incoming phone calls, both on YOUR phone number, and also on your Mom's phone number, despite the fact that you have a different sim card?
And, your mom's new phone has her same phone number (or is her new phone on a different phone number)

Did you restore your "new" iPhone to factory, either using your backup to restore, or setting up as new?
Last question - do both you and your Mom use the same device name (Settings/General/About ... )

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Yes both her phone and mine is ringing.
I'm using her iPhone (that is now mine) as is. I only logged out of her icloud and logged in with my icloud ID.
I guess that might be true about device name. I will change it to see if that helps.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
There's no harm in doing a restore with that new sim card installed. That might sort this out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.