Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
I know this is an age old question but I've been trying everything and can't get this to work. Any detailed instruction on steps I need to take and settings I need to check would be appreciated: I'm sure there is a way to get non-iMessage text messages to delete from the Messages app on my Mac when I delete them from the Messages app on my iPhone and vice-versa. iMessages seem to sync just fine but the deleteing does not sync with other messages. I've signed out and in on all devices with Messages and iCloud, etc. Un-enabled then re-enabled "enable messages in iCloud", etc. I've turned off iMessage and back on on all devices, etc. etc... What do I need to do?

Also wondering if the "You can be reached for messages at..." settings have any effect on this?

Thanks.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sure there is a way to get non-iMessage text messages to delete from the Messages app on my Mac when I delete them from the Messages app on my iPhone and vice-versa

Nope. Can’t be done. It’s been the bane of the Messages since forever.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
UPDATE: The latest OS and iOS updates seem to have 100% fixed this problem!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.