Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsherh5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
High Siri installed fine on my iMac 5k, but noticed that the new Siri voice doesn’t work. The voice is still the old very robotic Siri voice and Siri can’t do the new Siri functions like translate. I’ve restarted and also let it sit for 24 hours since update and still old Siri voice. Thoughts?

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
I've got the same issue. 24 Hours since I installed High Sierra on my iMac 2013, Mac Mini 2014 and Macbook Pro 2017. No new Siri voice and when I asked her to translate something she said "Here's what I found on the web."

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I have a new one but it isn't the same one as on the phone - do not care for it. Wish I could switch back to Classic Siri on the Mac.

(update: 2 minutes later)
And the plot gets weirder, I now have the new one from the phone - it switched.

Lodesman

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
Folkestone, Kent, UK
After all the hype over High Sierra and an improved Siri experience.

After updating I find that Siri is still as useless as ever.

Yes, of course, I can find out the weather wherever but try and ask it to play a song from your iTunes collection and I am presented with the same incomprehensible garbage. As one example of many, ask it to play Karl Jenkins' "Laudamus Te".

Ho hum, back in the box for Siri, maybe next year !!

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I think once you learn the perimeters for siri she works well. I find myself using her more and more for all sorts of things. Maybe perimeters is not the right word, maybe you learn how to integrate her more efficiently.

Tomas Horn

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
Few days updated Sierra to HighSierra and still old Siri's voice.
Siri disabled/enabled. Voice changed US>DE, female to male, enabled/disabled Siri, waiting couple of hours (no visible network traffic in monitor) and still old robotic Siri's voice :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.