Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is it possible to do this? To get the old style where you tap to open instead of having to slide it up.

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
All it does for me is make it so that instead of dragging the camera thing upwards, it become a button the opens the camera like on iOS 5.0. The button is still there even if you don't double click the home button. In my opinion, the default 5.1 way is less likely to be accidentally opened then the Redire way.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I think redire works as designed, changes back to push button instead of a slide.
If you want to eliminate the camera option completely just get NoCameraGrabber

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I think redire works as designed, changes back to push button instead of a slide.
If you want to eliminate the camera option completely just get NoCameraGrabber

Im waiting for snappy to be updated then ill use nocameragrabber

iSHARK0

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
Is there any cydia app/tweak to get the old double-click camera button? Because I had to fully disable the lockscreen camera button for themes

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Has snappy been updated yet

No it's not. I just checked. I've never used it. Do you recommend snappy? Is it that much faster than assigning an activator gesture to the native camera app? Right now I either use te stock slide to open the camera app from the lock screen. But I also have a triple press of the home button assigned to opening the camera app. I'm on a 4s on 5.1.1. Do you recommend snappy?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
No it's not. I just checked. I've never used it. Do you recommend snappy? Is it that much faster than assigning an activator gesture to the native camera app? Right now I either use te stock slide to open the camera app from the lock screen. But I also have a triple press of the home button assigned to opening the camera app. I'm on a 4s on 5.1.1. Do you recommend snappy?

Yes snappy is faster when it worked on 5.0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.