Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
mini form factor with single-lens, no MagSafe, sub-6GHz only 5G would be great. Not sure about the single-lens though as Apple will have to redesign the back, which neither SE1 nor SE2 received.

By 2023 non-SE iPhones might well have 3 or 4 cameras, so keeping the current mini’s camera setup could be considered very basic by then. They could definitely drop MagSafe out of it, which is a waste of phone space & energy, as it is now. The current mini’s screen is amazing, though, so I hope they do not cheap out on that.

Reactions: snipr125 and boak

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
SE - $399
11 - $499
12 mini - $599
12 - $699
13 mini - $699
13 - $799
13 Pro - $999
13 PM - $1,099

I don't think the 12 mini just gets dropped, I think Apple will want to see how sales go at lower price points.
Do agree with this. Nowadays Apple tries to hit every price point possible so even if the 12 mini did not sell as expected (not saying low since it still outsold most phones lol) it will be kept in the lineup.

vim147

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
Am planning to get the 12 when the 13 comes out.

Do you think the price of the 12 will go down on the day of the 13 release or would it be a few months later ?

RedRage

Suspended
Jan 18, 2021
I'm waiting for the 12s to go on sale so I can buy one for my mom that needs a new phone.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Am planning to get the 12 when the 13 comes out.

Do you think the price of the 12 will go down on the day of the 13 release or would it be a few months later ?
If they keep the 12 around then it'll be on the day of release. Everything gets adjusted to account for the new iPhones. It's possible other shops and networks have already started discounting the 12, though

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
It was never the case with Apple products such as Iphone. Let me explain:
1) If you live outside of the countries with official Apple stores, then you are dealing with wide sort of resellers(official and grey market). Under these conditions, older Iphones tend to have a price drop, which could motivate you to buy older one.
2) If you live in a country with Apple Store, then you will never get a discount on unlocked iphone through official means: Apple will just take them out of sale or decrease in hierarchy(iphone xr, iphone 11) and set $100 lower price tag. That is it in terms of the price drop. Well obviously there is a lot of sales going on with carriers which let you to buy at a significantly lower cost. But these deals are happening all year around and reach the peak close to new iphones. So when actually new phones are released, mostly carrier stocks are dried out, so you will not see price decrease. As a proof, you can skim through the websites of all carriers and can see that they are managing to sell iphone 8s at $349.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Do agree with this. Nowadays Apple tries to hit every price point possible so even if the 12 mini did not sell as expected (not saying low since it still outsold most phones lol) it will be kept in the lineup.
Reminds me of the iPod. When the iPod line had fully matured their range of models and capacities had well-covered everything from $50 up to $[several hundred]. I expect the 12 mini go to away and for them to sell the 13 mini, but that isn't a strong feeling so perhaps not.

I don't think the SE will be refreshed for some time. It's a great budget phone.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Guess we were right ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.