Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inocenciaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Hello,
a few weeks ago I bought an Iphone 11 (factory sealed, with 1 year Apple warranty) and it already had IOS 16, today I bought an Iphone 12 (again factory sealed, with 1 year AW) and it only had IOS 15 and had 0 % charge. I know that new, recent Iphones usually come with 50-60% charge, and I do not think that it is weird, that the Iphone 12, since it was released two years ago had lost its charge

So my question is how could the Iphone 11 have the newest IOS and have so much battery? (I think Iphone 11 is not produced anymore, and it was NOT refurbished) Do sometimes Iphones get remotely updated to the newest IOS? or are they still being produced?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
iPhone 11 was sold by Apple until September 7, 2022 (in the U.S.). iOS 16 was released 5 days later. What version on iOS16 did it come with?

bodonnell202

macrumors 68020
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Even though it is no longer for sale at the Apple Store, it appears that the iPhone 11 is still being produced to be sold as a lower cost option through carriers.

It looks like you got a newer iPhone 11 and an iPhone 12 that has been on the shelf for a while. Do you have a Mac? You could confirm the manufacture date of your iPhone 11 using a Mac and the coconut battery app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.