Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
title set that all!
im getting a used itouch G4 for my Bose 32pin stereo and was wondering were i can find the library in time machine
i will launch Time Machine and see if i can get the 2018 iTunes and open that to see what is backed up.
unless a superhuman genius knows of a better way
wish me luck!
and
thanks in advance.

Reactions: 2016

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I'm not sure I understand what you're hoping to do. Do you have an existing iTunes library on your computer? If so, any previous backups for iPod touches should still be there unless you deleted them and you can then restore them to your new iPod touch 4th gen. Are you hoping to get an old version of a library back on your iTunes? Why? Was your iTunes library deleted at some point after 2018?

Reactions: MBAir2010

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
what i tried to do was install older apps that worked years ago, like "remote" "apple tv remote" and others.
that did not work by restoring a used iTouch i recently purchased.
all that happened was re-namaing the itouch were nothing was imported.
no big deal, the itouch works with the Bose sound dock and has 32GB
win/win!

although i backed that iPod-itouch on my Dell XPS 13" via iTunes, and 20GB took 3 seconds.
something is weird.....

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Ah, I see. If you have the iOS apps downloaded located in ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications, you can drag and drop them onto the iPod in the sidebar on iTunes and they should still sync. Not sure if this works on Catalina and above with the Finder, but it definitely works on Mojave+iTunes.

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.