Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
Do not want to dissapoint anyone, but it is not a Temple. It's a Japanese Castle or Fort and the water running around it is a moat. It is not Osaka castle, looks too small, saw one in Oita similar or it could be Kumamoto castle. In order to know for sure you would need more detail.

Brian

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
Find Similar

Go to Google.com, click on images, run a search using term "Japan Castle" or "Castle Japan", you should be able to find many similar ones.

Brian

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Eastend said:
Do not want to dissapoint anyone, but it is not a Temple. It's a Japanese Castle or Fort and the water running around it is a moat. It is not Osaka castle, looks too small, saw one in Oita similar or it could be Kumamoto castle. In order to know for sure you would need more detail.

Brian

According to Corbis, it's called Kurasujo Castle.

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
This is the best I could come up with....

Attachments

• YM004420.jpg
    YM004420.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,023

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
carbonmotion said:
Does anyone know where to find this wallpaper, I've fallen in love with it the very first time I saw it! I must have this wallpaper.

Come over to Japan and take the pic yourself ;)

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
killuminati said:
I also really wanted that picture after I saw it. If anyone buys it put it up somewhere.

As a student of photography, it sickens me to know that cheapskates like you won't just register and buy the damn thing. To think a pro photographer (who spent more on a camera than you would on a computer) is going to get ripped off when somebody does as you asks.

I hope they do more than watermark images in the future to stop this kind of theft, like DRM for images just like music. Its clear you want it, why not pay for it?

Its things like this that prevents me from showing people online the photos I take as a student. Many times I have wanted to show one of my images in the desktop threads. Some would make fantastic backgrounds, yet at the moment only I can enjoy them because of people like you.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
CrackedButter said:
As a student of photography, it sickens me to know that cheapskates like you won't just register and buy the damn thing. To think a pro photographer (who spent more on a camera than you would on a computer) is going to get ripped off when somebody does as you asks.

I hope they do more than watermark images in the future to stop this kind of theft, like DRM for images just like music. Its clear you want it, why not pay for it?

Its things like this that prevents me from showing people online the photos I take as a student. Many times I have wanted to show one of my images in the desktop threads. Some would make fantastic backgrounds, yet at the moment only I can enjoy them because of people like you.

I think that was a little harsh. I would buy it for the low price if I could but I am 14 and don't have a credit or anny other means of payment. and I really like that picture :rolleyes:

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
killuminati said:
I think that was a little harsh. I would buy it for the low price if I could but I am 14 and don't have a credit or anny other means of payment. and I really like that picture :rolleyes:

Actually it's not harsh. You can't pay for it, so you decide to steal it instead? Please explain that logic to me, I'm all ears.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
killuminati said:

But you do have parents, they have credit cards...

You are in a hole which you cannot dig out of.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
killuminati said:

Well, stealing is wrong, nomatter how old you are or how little money you have... so that's not very harsh...

On the other hand, if you should obtain that image, you could alter it somewhat in (your legal copy of) Photoshop, thus making it your own work (though based on the original photographers image). That should take you around most copyright acts... at least in most European legislation, it can be different in other parts of the world...

CrackedButter said:
You are in a hole which you cannot dig out of.

Just had an extreme Lemmings flashback, as to digging yourself out of a hole... :D

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
CrackedButter said:

I understand your frustration, BUT what is your gain in not sharing your student artwork with anyone?

If your pictures are as good as you say, build a transactionnal website and sell them. Of course many people will simply rip the image but some people will also be willing to buy them, especialy if you only offer the 640-480image for free. Right now, you dont make a buck with these images, if you sell them for 1$ each you would at least make some cash and get experience and popularity.

You are acting exactly like the Disk Majors right now. This line of thinking will only hurt yourself. Be proactive, dare to offer a product and people will come! Many people dont know that it can take hours to take a good picture and process it, but if they knew they wouldnt be so inclined to get it for free. It is all about information, same as with music... There are always going to be people who will argue that they dont want to pay for it, forget them, serve the ones who are interested insted...

If you need help to make such a web site, PM me, I have connexions ;-)

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
carbonmotion said:
if someone found it , i would cream my pants.

That may be getting into "way too gross/disgusting/inappropriate" territory. Actually, it is in that territory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.