Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone got this to work? iPhone version is synching fine via MobileMe but desktop version (admittedly in beta) doesn't give any options under iDisk pref or synch.

I tried uploading the sync file from the desktop version (where my data is stored) to MobileMe hoping that the phone would pick it up but the file is grayed out in the upload finder window!

I couldn't find the info here or elsewhere, so sorry if someone has covered this.

huskydsl

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Seattle
How did you do that?

What do you mean the iPhone version of OmniFocus is syncing with MobileMe? I didn't know that was even possible.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
it syncs to your iDisk from both OS X version and iPhone version. The iPhone end is working fine, but I don't have any data on there! All my data is on my Macbook and that version won't let me sync to iDisk as it's supposed to.

huskydsl

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Seattle
Update Maybe?

I bet the change to me.com from mac.com for the address of your idisk has something to do with it. I wonder if omni has posted an update to the mac version yet?

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
It's still a beta that they are updating every couple days or so, so it might be the reason for it not being released. It alludes to iDisk synch but you're probably right about the domain change screwing it up.

huskydsl

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Seattle
update?

Hopefully they'll get it going soon. I love omni products and use several of them often. They seem to do a good job. Good Luck!

glynn

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2007
I bet the change to me.com from mac.com for the address of your idisk has something to do with it. I wonder if omni has posted an update to the mac version yet?

It's working a treat at the moment (shame the other mobileme isn't) but I'm running tiger and the me.com update isn't available yet or if it is I haven't found it. So I am still all .mac. I tend to agree with the above quote. Hopefully when the update does arrive the problems you describe will have been ironed out.

huskydsl

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Seattle
MobileMe Update

Hey Glynn,

I got the mobileme update by opening systemprefs on my mac, then opening the .Mac pref pane. Once it was open, it took about 1 minute and then i got a pop-up asking if i wanted to download the update. The update never appeared directly in Software Update until after I got the prompt in the system prefs.

glynn

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2007
Thanks again I'll wait to see what other desktop users are saying. I've paid the price for being an early adopter a few too many times this week, bricked iphones etc so once bitten twice shy, but cheers for the headsup

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Ha! It just started working! All synced both ways. Amazing complement to an amazing program. Anyone who is looking for a good productivity app and an iphone should definitely check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.