Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
I am a heavy OmniFocus user and for me it's absolutely worth it - especially with the latest update which supports TaskPaper input and better automation. It's now a universal app so if you have an iPhone it will run on there too.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
That is stupid expensive for an iOS app.
And this exactly shows why there are so few Pro apps for iPad. People have become accustomed to apps being ridiculously cheap. But that is not possible with Pro apps developed by small software developers for a rather narrow audience.

I don't have OmniFocus, but I have OmniOutliner, for which I also paid something like $40 for the iPad version. Crazy expensive for an iPad app, but cheap for an advanced software package.

Reactions: Cascades42

Proteinaceous

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
I am also a heavy Omnifocus user. Been using it since v1. It is well worth the cost to me. It is particularly useful if you follow David Allen's "GTD" (Getting Things Done) system.

(No affiliation with either...just a fan)

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I love OmniGroup products for both the Mac and iOS platforms. This post isn't about my opinion... but

regarding cost, as I do with my MAS/iTS purchases I buy discounted iTS cards - often like this one that expired a day ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Get-a-50-iT...4aa&_trkparms=5374:Featured|5373:0&rmvSB=true

I only buy 20% or 25% off deals from the eBay reseller, Best Buy, or Staples. With the discounted card deals, I paid $150 for FCPX and $40 for Motion. FWIW, Omnifocus is a steal, even at the listed price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.