Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Some of the features look like they might be interesting, and I wonder how fast it is. I might try the 30 day trial, but I really doubt it could be worth $29.95. With all the free browsers available for Mac OS X, OmniWeb would have to do something pretty incredible for me to buy it.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm going to look into it as well. I'm a huge fan of OmniGraffle, and they seem like a cool company, so I'll give it a shot.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Tried OmniWeb 5.0 the other day, and I actually don't like it. I liked previous versions, so why don't I like v5? One simple reason - the expiration message is what turned me away. Plus, Safari serves me perfectly well right now.

o1b2

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2004
Chicago. usa
Demo

I played with the demo all day, not bad. go to the web site 30 days of play, but I would have to agree that other browsers that are free do basicly the same thing, not sure if I like it more than any other broswer yet. Do like the history bookmark screens because you get a preview of the homepage.

mcarvin

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2003
Southern NJ
Omni Group puts out some really great software. I bought a license when they announced they were going to use a WebCore-based engine, and 5.0 has turned out to be a pretty fantastic browser. Nothing against or wrong with Safari, as that's kind of an entry-level browser with some hidden goodies for pro users.

Workspaces are my favorite new feature. Press F2, and I have my news sites. F6 is the Mac stuff and F3 are the design zines I keep up on. Throw in site-specific preferences and a gorgeous UI, and it's a fantastic browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.