Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I've been waiting for someone else to link to this , but I guess nobody else is interested. Well, anyway, Apple will have some competition from some of these new features.

OmniWeb 5.0 Preview

Dan

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
I'm WAY interested. I really just cannot wait for this release. it looks like it's going to be something very special. i knew they would come through on this one. they've taken cool features like tabbed browsers and just totally improved on them. this will be an instant hit, granted it performs well. Omni is doing awesome right now, very progressive and interesting company with awesome, useful products. and i just found out an old friend of mine is now working for them, that lucky bastard.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
OmniWeb 5.0 Preview

Thanks for the link! OmniWeb is my favorite but sure needed some work. I've got a lot of confidence in the company and bet the new release is spectacular.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i really don't like their tab implementation. the huge previews in the drawer look a bit obtrusive, which is the opposite of the point of having tabs. not only that, but i hate programs that rely on using drawers.

also, i would rather stick to a free browser. sure, some people don't like safari, but there are plenty of free options out there like mozilla, mozilla firebird, camino, even internet explorer.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Back in my dark days of windows, i found an add-on that gave that left-hand draw functionality. It was absolutely fantastic, although very clunky and resource hungry.

I'm really looking forward to OW5 but would be very surprised if Safari 2 (whenever it comes out!) is not even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.