Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
So what's the deal here? Can any fellow OmniWeb users tell me why the Submit button simply does nothing in these forums under OmniWeb? I can log in, search, everything but Submit a post. This is a drag.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: OmniWeb and MacRumors?

Originally posted by tjwett
So what's the deal here? Can any fellow OmniWeb users tell me why the Submit button simply does nothing in these forums under OmniWeb? I can log in, search, everything but Submit a post. This is a drag.
Works fine for me.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Re: OmniWeb and MacRumors?

Originally posted by MisterMe
Works fine for me.

OK, now I'm confused. Are you running Panther and OmniWeb 4.5? What are your preference settings like? I don't see anything obvious that would be causing this for me. Any help would be great. I'd really like to stop launching Safari everytime I want to post here, ugh, like right now. I hate when I forget, like right now. Time to Copy and Paste again!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Re: Re: OmniWeb and MacRumors?

Originally posted by tjwett
OK, now I'm confused. Are you running Panther and OmniWeb 4.5? What are your preference settings like? I don't see anything obvious that would be causing this for me. Any help would be great. I'd really like to stop launching Safari everytime I want to post here, ugh, like right now. I hate when I forget, like right now. Time to Copy and Paste again!
I am running MacOS X 10.3.2. I am a have a paid license for OmniWeb 4.5. I have no idea what I might be doing right. Since MacOS X 10.0, OmniWeb has been my most robust browser. Safari and Camino are excellent as well, but they are relative newcomers to the scene. One thing that you might do is to set your Quicktime MIME settings to their default values. Just about all of my OmniWeb preferences are set to their default values. Java and JavaScript are enabled. But, hey, I'm grasping at straws here. OmniWeb just works.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Re: Re: Re: OmniWeb and MacRumors?

Originally posted by MisterMe
I am running MacOS X 10.3.2. I am a have a paid license for OmniWeb 4.5. I have no idea what I might be doing right. Since MacOS X 10.0, OmniWeb has been my most robust browser. Safari and Camino are excellent as well, but they are relative newcomers to the scene. One thing that you might do is to set your Quicktime MIME settings to their default values. Just about all of my OmniWeb preferences are set to their default values. Java and JavaScript are enabled. But, hey, I'm grasping at straws here. OmniWeb just works.

Right on, thanks for trying anyway. I guess I'll try just resetting all my Prefs first, then I guess... *EDIT* Got it! Works fine again. Prefs got screwy. Thanks again. OmniWeb rules, and if you do need to occasionally use Safari here's a handy little tool for keeping your bookmarks synced:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11550
I'm currently working on my own version that will do it in reverse though, so that I can export my OmniWeb bookmarks TO Safari. I like Omni's Bookmarking scheme much better.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by Duff-Man
Duff-Man says....by the way - there is some great new info and screenshots for OmniWeb 5.0 posted over at OmniGroup...oh yeah!

Oooh, very nice! I can't wait. I hope it's everything we've been waiting for. For me, all they need to add is some sort of tabbed browsing and passwords in Keychain and it will make my day. And I just found out that an old friend of mine works for Omni now, maybe I'll get a sneak preview. :) If it's as good as it looks to be I'll surely buy a license, finally no more looking at the word "Unlicensed" in big blue letters across my screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.