Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackBriar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Hi there,

I'm currently on Simplicity with O2 - been trying to upgrade at an O2 shop in London for the last two days, but no dice due to the stock situation.

As the Apple Store on Regent's street have stock to burn, is there anything to stop me buying there as a new customer? I know i'd lose my number, but that's not a huge issue - can anyone think of any other drawbacks?

Sorry if this has been posted before - I looked but didn't see anything.

Thanks for your help.

Maximono

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
There's no problem doing this just cancel your sim only and buy the iphone as new.I was going to do this when the upgrade process wasn't happening yesterday but the o2 guy said it's more trouble than it's worth so I waited about 30mins and got it as an upgrade. Then benefit is that you can use your iphone straight away to talk and txt, but as a new customer you have to wait for them to activate the sim and thats taking some time at the moment I believe, some people are left without the use of the iphone at the moment. I'm still not showing as on the iphone tariff but the status on o2 page says complete. Odd really I'm waiting before I use loads of data. Can you not just get your iphone from o2 or CPW?

BlackBriar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Ideally, i'd be going to an O2 store to upgrade, but in London the stock levels seem to be pitiful. Hopefully i'll be able to snag one in the next few days, bu it seems ridiculous that O2 stores are scrounging for handsets while the Apple Store has a mountain of them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.