Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
On the Lock Screen, I now have 2 different dates, one overprints the other, and very interestingly, only one is accurate! This began on or about the time of the latest iOS update, iOS 8.1.2. I have taken a screenshot, but need to know how to display it here. Weird, eh?

Reactions: Hosein

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
On the Lock Screen, I now have 2 different dates, one overprints the other, and very interestingly, only one is accurate! This began on or about the time of the latest iOS update, iOS 8.1.2. I have taken a screenshot, but need to know how to display it here. Weird, eh?

Did you set a screenshot of your lock screen as your wallpaper?

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
Using a screenshot of the Lock Screen as the wallpaper would certainly cause that double, one right / one wrong date and time issue, however, the wallpaper I used was a photo of the Northern Lights that I found online. I wish it was that simple! I'll gladly show y'all if someone can tell me how to post a screenshot here. So, still a mystery, probably related to iOS 8.1.2. I'll change the wallpaper again to see if the strange issue recurs.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Using a screenshot of the Lock Screen as the wallpaper would certainly cause that double, one right / one wrong date and time issue, however, the wallpaper I used was a photo of the Northern Lights that I found online. I wish it was that simple! I'll gladly show y'all if someone can tell me how to post a screenshot here. So, still a mystery, probably related to iOS 8.1.2. I'll change the wallpaper again to see if the strange issue recurs.

Can we get s screen shot of this?

Reactions: Hosein

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Soft reset your iPad? Hold the home button and sleep/wake button pressed at the same time for 5 seconds. That will restart your iPad and usually fix odd issues, though I've never heard of this one.

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
Press home and lock button at the same time to take a screenshot

Thank you, Marcus. As I wrote in the initial bubble, I have collected the screenshot, but I just don't see how to post it here at MacRumors. I searched the FAQs, but apparently didn't discover the right key words to find the answer.

Long story somewhat shorter than it still could be if I don't stop typing... /-: ...how do I accomplish this seemingly secret task of screenshot posting at MacRumors?!?

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Thank you, Marcus. As I wrote in the initial bubble, I have collected the screenshot, but I just don't see how to post it here at MacRumors. I searched the FAQs, but apparently didn't discover the right key words to find the answer.

Long story somewhat shorter than it still could be if I don't stop typing... /-: ...how do I accomplish this seemingly secret task of screenshot posting at MacRumors?!?

Add an attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 4.57.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 4.57.44 PM.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 663

CharlyG46

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
[doublepost=1506642918][/doublepost]My iPhone 6 just did the same thing this morning with the time, it's like a double exposure. Funny, there was an update this morning to IOS 11.0.1. Did you ever find out how to fix yours, if so, help, please.

topcat1957

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2022
I'm trying to fix this issue for a friend with a new iphone 14. I am attaching a screenshot I just emailed myself from is phone.

Not sure how best to do this. I don't know how to send the screenshot directly to this post.

Anyway, on the wallpaper screen, it shows two times and dates, both are incorrect. Both keep changing as time passes.

This is a new iphone 14, 3 weeks old.

Please advise. Thank you

Attachments

• double date time lockscreen.png
    double date time lockscreen.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 103

topcat1957

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2022
I'm trying to fix this issue for a friend with a new iphone 14. I am attaching a screenshot I just emailed myself from is phone.

Not sure how best to do this. I don't know how to send the screenshot directly to this post.

Anyway, on the wallpaper screen, it shows two times and dates, both are incorrect. Both keep changing as time passes.

This is a new iphone 14, 3 weeks old.

Please advise. Thank you
I tried switching wallpaper as other have reported trying and it appears to have corrected the problem. Thanks to those who posted their replies reporting this fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.