Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retta283

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
This may not be the right place to post this, but I wanted to know about this. Recently I have seen a lot of bots posting in the iPhone/iOS forums. Their posts are in Chinese, I have not attempted to translate them to find out what they mean. Has the source of these been figured out yet? Since I have not been able to get a translation of the texts yet I do not know if their posts are advertising something, or even threats.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Something you can do, once you report the posts you can ignore the spammer and it'll remove all of their posts from your view. I just did that and it looks much better.

Usually, in fairness, the spammer is dealt with pretty rapidly, and - unless they have been littering the forum with a burst of perfervid activity, once they have been reported, they tend to disappear in short order.

Reactions: Breezygirl

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
On the more recent issue of AI chatbot accounts, may I suggest restricting new user comments to threads no older than 4 months.
Example https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ssl-certificate-setup.2398987/post-32938161
chatbot.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.