Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C8XY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Appeared after about 5 hours of use! I was watching a film and it appeared before my eyes!
Will be taking it back the the apple store next weekend, will they repair or replace?

cupalup

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
Picture or it didn't happen.

(That's the correct bitter response, isn't it fellow MacRumors 'community' members?)

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
You're within the 14 day cooling off period so you can just take it back and "reject" the item. I believe Apple has their own 14 day returns policy reinforcing this, too. See the Sales of Goods Act 1979 for more info :)

C8XY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2008
You're within the 14 day cooling off period so you can just take it back and "reject" the item. I believe Apple has their own 14 day returns policy reinforcing this, too. See the Sales of Goods Act 1979 for more info :)

Cool, I'll see what apple say next weekend, if I can get a straight swap then great, if not, I've still got 7 days left on the cooling off period so Ill take it back.
:)
Hopefully there is stock to buy another one straight away

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Word of advice for anyone trying to exchange an iPad within the 14 day period. An apple rep told me NOT to make a genius bar appt because you may then receive a brown box iPad, rather than a white box sealed iPad. This matters to some more than others, and in my exchanges I've received the white box from genius bar appts and also had them try to give me a brown. Just an FYI :)

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY

if i do this would the 14 day period restart?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.