Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I'd love to see three or four finger swipe in safari to move between tabs.

A tab bar would take up too much space, so a gesture would be perfect for this situation...

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Of course Safari would first need tabs.:D I guess it could be implemented to change between windows.

Baracus

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
UK
Or just use Atomic! I much prefer it to Safari now :)
So much more flexibility and it feels like a proper desktop browser.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Safari is poor compared to atomic good w/.gestures, ICab is better w/tabs.
Safari needs to step up big time. Much better web experience with atomic and iCab.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
Download BetterTouchTool.

Best utility ever. It allows you to set custom gestures to specific apps, or system wide.

So you could set a gesture to activate apple + shift + [ to switch tabs.

I also have it set that when I rotate my fingers in safari (like you can do with photos) it refreshes the page.

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
BetterTouch is cool on your MacBook... But as this is a iPad forum that info is irrelevant ;) I hope Apple adds two finger swipe to Safari in iPhone OS 4 :)

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
gigaguy said:
Safari needs to step up big time. Much better web experience with atomic and iCab.
I agree. Someone here pointed me towards iCabmobile and it's streets ahead of Safari. It also seems to handle having lots of tabs open at the same time much better than Safari does. After 2 or 3 tabs Safari keeps reloading them when switching between open pages but iCabmobile seems to be much cleverer at keeping stuff cached in memory or on flash storage.

- Julian

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
I would be happy with an ad blocker program for safari. I got spoiled with firefox. Ads are too intrusive and cause too many hang ups.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY

I've seen a fair amount of complaining in these forums about these two browsers eating battery life. I'll wait for Apple's fix.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Before that, how about "Find in Page." Without Javascript bookmarklets or $1.99 apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.