Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I have 9 lights in my HomeKit setup that are controlled by Lutron Caseta. All of these lights are involved in automations in some way or another. One of my automations is to turn off several devices at 8:15 PM. I've had this automation set up for years at this point and it always works. For the last couple weeks one of the Lutron lights isn't turning off as part of this automation. All other devices in this automation turn off properly. I've tried deleting and re-adding the automation. I made the problem light its own separate automation at the same time and it won't turn off. I reset my hubs and that didn't help. I have no idea what changed to cause the problem. The weird thing is that if I make a new automation to turn the light off at some other time it will work.

Does anyone know what I could be missing? Maybe some obscure setting?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
check out eve or "controller for homekit" both are third party home apps. You don't need any eve devices to use eve, and some features do require purchase in controller. But both are free to try

they might let you see something that isn't showing up in home
both apps will also let you add/remove specific parameters from scenes and automations

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I found a workaround in case anyone runs into this one.
I had to take this device out of the automation that includes other devices and create its own automation for the same time as the other one. Kinda silly but it works. Very strange bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.