Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Now that the "mad rush" is over with the new jailbreak, I'm not having any problems downloading what I want from Cydia and other repos, except for one program...

biteSMS.

I'm a registered user. I have version 7.3 on my iPhone 5. There's a new version out...7.4.6. But everytime I try to download it, it bombs out with the resulting screen shot I've posted with this thread.

I've contacted the tech support people at biteSMS and they've been responsive but the answer I get seems odd to me. I'm told I can't download the program successfully because of high traffic on Cydia and the other repos. But...I'm not having problems downloading other problems.

So, I guess my question is this: can one app on Cydia be getting so many demands for downloads that that program alone overburdens the Cydia server to the point where it will not download?

Attachments

• bitesms beta bombs.png
    bitesms beta bombs.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks...that did the trick. But...isn't it unusual to have to uninstall a previous version in order to install the latest version?

Yes it is unusual but not unheard of. I had no problems at all this morning installing 7.4.6 over my current installation. Not sure why you were having so many problems. I was upgrading from the previous beta build and not the public version but regardless, that shouldn't cause any problems. I've installed the beta Bite over the public release many times in the past. Very strange indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.