Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
y4mOwNA76SqcVvsoIJHhjgZ-OE9UJ1vyEpTOz5pdPC7M99GNItvS9gdywg2s8WOuLa89rXAtXDcmXKdB0W9Y6HWJOZ-63ikXd6WA6BV70XQUTJF4QeJQ45EFqPzHcx4cjo-zFMOtNusnNfwrAR0-ByR5sLfnkGl76j-ijpdWFvJOSt_A31gbEG89_HSWGmgMLYtVHynQtky1iarIrFGzj3hrA

This is not the first time I had issues with OneDrive under a certain version of macOS. If I'm not wrong, OneDrive used to drain too much energy on Mavericks and Yosemite, but on HighSierra it was performing nicely. What did get wrong with Mojave?

webg3

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
The great villain in the Mojave macOS is the support for the API Metal, responsible for all graphic part presented on the screen, you can achieve a few minutes or hours, reducing transparency, not ideal, but it is what I have noticed more in relation to drainage battery.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Try reinstalling OneDrive? I have OneDrive as well and only get 0.20-0.30 Energy Impact?
I've entered the AppStore and surprisingly OneDrive appeared to be not installed. So I clicked to install and my /Applications folder ended up with two OneDrive packages, the newer one with the extension ".localized" instead of ".app". The new OneDrive installation did not recognize the existing folder, so I had to re-sync everything for preventing conflict with the former synchronization. Now it appears that the CPU usage is fixed, but Microsoft should provide a more elegant solution than keeping and old (and incompatible) OneDrive version without any warning.

Reactions: NastyNatex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.