Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
For complete beginners in UK, is there an online course for learning Apple coding from scratch?

Prefer an online course, happy to pay, that is just for pure personal use.

I have an iMac, iPad, iPhone so have the tools. I want to just be able to learn when I can, time permitting, just for fun.

I see a lot of websites, code academy etc but not sure if any good, what the learning is like etc.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hacking with swift by Paul Hudson is always my first recommendation. Books website resources and YouTube lessons and streams. Excellent content for all levels. And the app swift Unwrap is made by him too as a learning aid. It hasn’t been updated since swift 5.1 but that’s still fairly relevant.
Also Apples own beginner resource swift playground may be of interest though it is a tad kid oriented

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Thanks. Looking about on his website, he talks a lot about jobs, training up to get a job, how to apply for a job etc. Its not what I want to do, this is just to learn a new skill, mess around, see what I could maybe do.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Thanks. Looking about on his website, he talks a lot about jobs, training up to get a job, how to apply for a job etc. Its not what I want to do, this is just to learn a new skill, mess around, see what I could maybe do.
I mean sure. But that’s Just a way for him to market the content. The content and learning you get from it is equally suited regardless of your goals for learning, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.