Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happydudeca

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Canada
I've had my 2.2 MBP for about 2months now and am really enjoying my first :apple: . I picked up :apple: copies of COD II, Doom III, and Quake IV, among other games, and have completed their respective single player games. I'd like to play COD II and Quake IV online since I like the game play best in those games but will consider playing Doom III to try it out.

I've set up a Game Ranger account but noticed that Quake IV isn't listed so I'd like to know where I should be going for some online play. The 'multiplayer' options in the game menus get me nowhere.

The last time I played online was about 5years ago when Age of Kings was new and I played on Microsoft's Zone.... little help please.

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
First update your version of Quake 4, Doom3, etc. Then go into the multiplayer server list and hit the button to renew or refresh the list and you'll get some actual servers. The other problem, I believe, with Quake 4 is that a patch was released on the PC side but not the Mac side, and seeing almost all game servers are PCs, the PC servers are at a higher version, thus not allowing us to join them. They won't show in the server listing or say that your client is missing files.

happydudeca

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Canada
Nothing works. I updated Quake IV, still no servers. I updated Doom 3 and COD 2 and no servers. I tried going through Gameranger for COD 2 and after 3minutes of waiting I still could not connect to any of 4 different COD 2 games I tried.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.