Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Hi everyone,
I ordered a 32GB wi-fi+3g model, but after a while I realized the 100$ for 64GB is worth it. However, didn't want to cancel it because pre-orders got pushed to June 7th.

Now can I take my online order and swap it at an Apple Store or do I have to mail it back and wait?
If so, I got it as a gift with my uncle's credit card, but he shipped it to me, can I just swap it and then pay the extra myself? Thanks.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
As long as it's sealed they'll swap it in the store. If the replacement is in stock you pay the difference. If it's not in stock, they'll give you a gift card (they need the original card to issue a refund and even then it would charge back to the card).

If you remove the shrink wrap they may assess you a 10% restocking fee, so avoid any temptation to open the package.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Thanks.
I won't see my iPad until June 14th, and it will be too late to swap it out. Going to get my brother to go into the store within the next 14 days to exchange it for a 64GB 3G. Hoping at some point they will have them in during that window.
I am in no hurry to open the shrink wrap... he better not!
I just wanted to make sure I could exchange in store and the Credit Card isn't needed.

Will let you know how it goes.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Well I called the Apple Store here in Canada and asked them if I could swap in-store and she said no. I would have to send it back. That is quite silly. Don't want to send my brother for no reason, he won't be too happy about that.

Wonder if they would change their mind if I did ask him to go. No harm in trying, if not I guess I will stick with the 32GB... kind of annoying though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.