Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Its very strange that there are only 3 fonts available from the OpenSansCondensed font family...
- Open Sans Condensed Light
- Open Sans Condensed Light Italic
- Open Sans Condensed Bold
I wonder why aren't there the rest available? For example where are the Condensed Regular, Condensed SemiBold versions etc.?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Because the person who created the font didn't create the full set, OR Google didn't license them all (which means that Adobe Fonts couldn't license them either).

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Because the person who created the font didn't create the full set, OR Google didn't license them all (which means that Adobe Fonts couldn't license them either).
Thanks MacGizmo, still it makes me wonder cause its strange for one who creates a font not to complete it, at least make the most important styles.
I didnt understand what you say about the licensing part. What does Google have to do with AdobeFonts?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Open Sans is a font family created by Steve Matteson for Google. Google then licensed the fonts to Adobe (and probably others). It's possible that Steve only created those three font faces. Or perhaps he created the full font family but only sold the rights to those three to Google. I just don't know.

Reactions: zoran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.