Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsd79

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
In search of the forum's collective wisdom:

I have a new Verizon 32gb rMini. I haven't signed up for cellular data yet, but I notice that when I turn cellular data on (in settings), it says "Verizon 3G," not LTE. My Verizon iPhone 5S, sitting on the table inches away, says LTE. Is my rMini defective or is it normal to get only 3G signal until after signing up for a data plan?

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Try going in and out of Airplane mode and see if that helps otherwise reset your network settings.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
LTE is definitely enabled!

I think this is your issue.

I have a new Verizon 32gb rMini. I haven't signed up for cellular data yet, but I notice that when I turn cellular data on (in settings), it says "Verizon 3G," not LTE. My Verizon iPhone 5S, sitting on the table inches away, says LTE. Is my rMini defective or is it normal to get only 3G signal until after signing up for a data plan?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California

I had the same thing happen to me with a Verizon iPad. The LTE became active after I signed up to a plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.